Thursday, February 16, 2017

Railroad Conversation

Thank you to Mr. Yates for taking the initiative on contacting our Commissioner and trying to reduce the annoyance of the late night railroad whistles.  Here is the backstory and update on that issue:



> On Feb 9, 2017, at 5:51 PM, Michael Yates <m.floyd.yates@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ms. Clemons,
>
> I hope you are well and congratulations for your new position in District II. I spoke with you a while back regarding the establishment of a quiet zone (Train Xing) here in Hampton. I understand that you are having a townhall meeting tonight but we (Jasper Heights HOA) are having our annual meeting also so I will unfortunately miss your townhall as I attend our HOA to discuss this issue I shared with you. I will send the guide to establishing such quiet zones (Produced by the Federal Railroad Administration) for your review, again. The FRA requires that this process be initiated by our local government representative/entity (You/BOC) so please help us with this situation expeditiously. If you would like me to produce a petition or take any other action I will be happy to do so. This is your chance for an easy victory that will make many of your constituents very happy.
>
> Thank you in Advance for your Efforts and Dedication,
>
> Mike Yates




Mr. Yates I'm looking into this right away. I will be in touch.

Dee Clemmons

District 2 Commissioner
Henry County Georgia





Feb 11
Ms. Clemons advised that she has prepared a resolution for the Board of Commissioners to address our train issue and she request that we attend the April BOC meeting to support this effort.
Mike Yates




Feb 13
  Ms. Clemmons seems to be on top of this issue now and is working hard to help resolve this concern. I will update all as things develop. IF we need to attend the BOC meeting I will advise date and time. Thanks all!
Mike Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment